Here are a few ideas that may inspire you to get started. Please ask if you need any more. You might also want to find others on Pinterest.
A simple quilted case for holding basic sewing equipment. You will need:
- Two 6″ x 10″ or larger pieces of fabric, one for the outside of the case and one for the inside/needle minder
- One 6″ x 10″ or larger scrap of thin batting
1.8 metres (1 metre for shorts) of lightweight woven cotton/ cotton mix fabric (115cm or wider fabric), matching thread, 1 metre twill weave tape, ribbon (2-3cm wide) or 2-3cm wide elastic.
You will need fleecefabric;
Fabric requirements for 150-160cm wide fabric:
50cm for top band
1 metre for main blanket OR 1.3 metres for an older child
50cm for the tail
This tunic tee top can be made in many different ways. This uses a soft flowing woven fabric, you would need 1.8 metres of 115cm wide fabric or 0.9m of 150cm wide fabric. If you feel brave enough you might even like to try a jersey fabric. Matching thread needed.
- 50cm outside fabric
- 50cm lining fabric
- matching thread
- Polyester stuffing (from an old cushion will be fine)
- 300g rice (to weight it down)
- 50cm boning or flexible curtain wire or similar