Applique cushion – make a small festive cushion with applique decoration and a zip fastening
Date: Saturday November 27th, 2021
Venue: Youth in Romsey (map)
Time: 10am – 1pm
Cost: £25 (this includes all materials)
We will be making a small 40cmx30cm cushion with applique decoration and a zip fasteningThis workshop is suitable for those of you who can use a sewing machine and sew with some accuracy.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place and for payment details.
Payment and refund policy:
A £10 deposit is required to secure your place and is non-refundable should you wish to cancel. Please make the full payment by Saturday 20th November (one week before the workshop) and note that it is non-refundable after this time. Failure to make full payment by this date will mean that your place is offered on. You may transfer your booking to another person at any time before the workshop date. In the unlikely event there are insufficient bookings for the workshop to be viable I will notify you by Thursday November 25th (2 days prior to the workshop) and refund all fees immediately.
Class size: 6
Skills you will learn:
- How to use Bondaweb for successful applique
- Setting up a sewing machine for successful applique stitching
- Using metallic threads
- Inserting a zip into a seam
- Using a zipper foot
- Neatening edges
- Using the iron for a professional finish
What to bring:
- Sewing machine if you have one with the ordinary and zipper foot attachments. There will be some machines available, but it is good to become familiar with your own.
- Sewing equipment, I will bring everything you need, but you might like to bring any basic sewing things that you have.
- Coffee, tea, and biscuits will be provided. You may wish to bring some lunch.